12 March 2012

Haikus (Is that the correct plural term?)

The click-clack of the

keyboard is as soothing a

lullaby I know.

~

Last minute sunshine;

clear skies and no falling leaves--

--Indian Summer.

~

Dreary winter days;

bare branches, stretch like broken

fingers, desperate.

~

That painful throb, a

loss of balance, unfocused

thoughts--a troubled heart.

~

Breathy gusts, soft rain--

like cold kisses from above,

frozen so they keep.

~



Just some random haiku I've been coming up with here and there. Thought for sure I had a few more...

5 comments:

  1. I simply love Haiku and I simply love you!

    Haiku ~
    My heart beats differently
    not the same rhythm as before
    and I'm not afrain

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice, Nichole. I especially like the last one "like cold kisses from above, frozen so they keep." How's your other writing coming? Any new novels?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there sister. I'm working on my next book which is titled Poetry and Friendship and I'm asking friends and family (YOU) to submit a poem. All the money goes to the homeless shelters.

    Send me one of your amazing poems to haikuaddiction@yahoo.com

    LOTS and LOTS of love.
    Tell Mr. Brewer hello for me and I miss you guys!
    Love,
    BIG Sister ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Neicy and Alissa. I normally write these on my way to and from work. I have just enough time. ;)

    Alissa, I finished the second book (you can check that out at landofesrail.blogspot.com ) and am currently trying to scrounge up the money it will take for the corrections I need to make for the first proof. Because, obviously, you have to pay Infinity to correct your own book. :/

    Neicy, I would love to add some of my words to yours. Feel free to use any of the haiku and free verse you find on here, as well as the ones I put in your journal. :) I should have a few more soon.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete