21 August 2010

Two More Weeks...

Well, in two short weeks, I will be returning to college to finish my last undergraduate semester, and I am pretty excited. I am so ready to see my wonderful fiance and spend what time I can with him! And I cannot wait to see all my friends! I also cannot wait to be back on schedule again; I get so much more done that way.

Last week, I went on vacation with my family and my mother's parents to Myrtle Beach, SC. It was a bit of a trial once in a while, but we managed to have fun. One of my cousin's got married, and we thoroughly enjoyed celebrating with the whole family.

The pictures below are of the beach where we stayed.

This last picture also includes a poem I wrote while watching the sunrise.
With the wind barely kissed by the dawn
a pale light blushes in the eastern sky;
it turns the gray a blooming rose
as the neverending waves break the shore.
It seems such a simple thing:
the reoccuring rising of the sun,
and yet it is unlike any other,
for this one I deemed to watch.
I watched as the sky was painted,
gilded gold with unseen Holy fingers:
as the water tinged a soft blue-gray
by the sweeping of the gentlest hands.
As the clouds were stained a golden pink
while their backs still cling to nighttime's shadow.
Never before was this landscape fashioned
in a portrait such as this.
This, this is the one and only sunset of its kind.
there will never be another like it in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the photos. Love the title of this blog. Serendipity and Epiphany are two of my favorite words of all time.

    Love the poem so very much. I am so very touched and blessed to have met you. My life has taken many twist and turns over the years and when it turn towards Waldorf, I was so very resistant.

    Now as my life steadily unfolds, I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. Christ has unwrapped something in me that I for once, have no control over and it feels great! I can relax and be me and allow life to just happen. As a result of that, you came along and my heart is singing a new song. My Church family has brought a newness to my once quiet and nonexistent life that has change me forever.

    I'll never forget the first visit to Church, your dad and Ms. Jackie greeted me so warmly and so egarly that I somehow felt in my heart, at home.

    And who knew that "Steve" would have such a hidden treasure hiding away at college?

    Thank you for being who you are and sharing that person with me.

    Love and peace
    Free Spirit Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the people I could have met and gotten to know this summer, I am so glad that the LORD deemed it to be you. You have become a very good friend to me in such a short time, and I cannot wait to grow closer to you.

    Please stay updated with me during this semester! I'm going to need your prayers and thoughts!

    Love,
    ~Nichole

    ReplyDelete