01 August 2010

Family Fun

I just had the privilege of spending the last 9 days with my future sister-in-law, Dakota. We had a very busy, very fun week! Dakota is younger than me by a little over 6 years, but we have quite a few things in common. Other than running around doing errands for both my parents, I got to take Dakota to several of my favorite restaurants around town, such as: Chick-fil-A, Red Hot and Blue, and Hibachi.

We also got to go to King's Dominion, though we had a bit of a wild goose chase. I completely forgot to print off the tickets until we were 5 minutes away from the park. I quickly asked my brother to use his Droid to find the closest public library and we drove the small town of Ladysmith until we found the library. 40 cents later, we were headed back to the park, this time with tickets in hand.

Other than that, Dakota and I decided to just relax. We watched several movies, including Miyazaki's newest amazing movie: Ponyo. We also played some video games and did some writing. All in all, I had a really fun time with my new little sister.

I hope you have a good school year, Dakota, and I can't wait until we get to hang out again!

1 comment:

  1. Red Hot & Blue? what's that? sounds spicy! lol just the place for u girls ;P glad u had a great time

    ReplyDelete