29 August 2010

A Letter

To Whom it May Concern,

My upcoming departure for college is steadily growing closer, and I find that my feelings are bittersweet. I want to be with my fiance and all my friends, and yet I know already I will miss the freedoms I get to enjoy at home. But...it is my last semester, and I am ready to be done with college. The next fifteen weeks will be good, I can feel it, and God is always good.

Tonight, I said good-bye to most of the people at my church and got to spend some time with Neicy. I'm going to miss her a lot; I wish we could have talked some more. But I plan on keeping in touch, as well as with my otherfriends I'll be away from.

Sometimes, I wish that good-byes weren't necessary; that everyone could be together all the time. But then...well, I guess we would start getting tired of each other. You have to be apart from the ones you love to truly appreciate them, and fall in love with them all over again. So in the end, I guess this time apart can be a good thing, as long as I look at it that way.

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be back on here before I go back to school, but to all my friends and loved ones, I'll see you soon!

Love
~Nichole

2 comments:

  1. Bittersweet reminds me of brownies more so that good byes ;-) I love them, but they are not good for my figure (LOL)

    Just trying to take your mind off of the good byes. We'll miss you just as much. You are indeed a breath of fresh air in Waldorf.

    This summer was brighter w/you hanging out and hanging around. Even though you appear to have to serious demeanor and this don't bother me unless it's important look about you (similiar to mine) I see the real you and I love her.

    I'm so excited about your future and even more excited to be a part of it. No matter where you are, we will be both Sisters in Christ and pen pals for life ;-)

    Love ya young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse the typos, not supposed to be typing while in a staff meeting ;-)

    I meant to say "more so than good byes"

    OK Chief just walked in .... got to go

    ReplyDelete