01 September 2010

Oh the Deviousness of Me!

So, tonight is my last night in Maryland and I had a secret. A secret I managed to hide from my mother all week up until the moment it was sprung. She will be celebrating her birthday on Saturday, and since I would not be here, my dad and I decided we would celebrate before I left. All day today, she thought I was preparing some food for a going-away party for myself tonight after church...little did she know that the party was for her.

We left our house early to pick up some random things, and along the way, I convinced her that my dad had talked me into a going-away party, and together we bought some cake and ice cream and sherbet for punch. When we got to church, I made her sit with the other ladies and quickly put the cake and ice cream out on the tables, quickly writing her name on the cake with some icing and food coloring I had snuck into my bag.

Well, she was surprised, and teased me about being a brat, but I know she was happy. This was the first birthday I was able to celebrate with her since I started college and I'm so glad we could do it together this September. I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah....enough about the Nesbitt family. Any cake left? ;-)

    It was indeed a sweet surprise and very difficult to get your Mom to sit still ;-)

    I loved seeing you before you left and your family is so very blessed. You guys looked like a Halmark card as you were leaving Church last night. Husband, wife, son and daughter. God has great things in store for you and all His children.

    I'm so excited to see how things unfold. Praying for your safe return to school, reuniting w/Jeremy and a very blessed semester.

    Lean on Him in those moments when life tries to take over and the stillness seems to be fading. He wants to comfort and protect us and that's something we oftentimes forget in the midst of busyness.

    Love, peace and blessings
    Free Spirit Butterfly!

    PS I'm serious about the cake ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, after quite the hectic day yesterday (and 12 hours of sleep) I feel much better. God is so good!

    I miss you Neicy! But I'm ready for this new semester (and last)

    P.S. If you want cake, I guess you'll have to visit the house when I'm not there. :P

    ReplyDelete