24 July 2010

Roanoke Road Trip Day 3

So, I'm sitting on the couch with the Feazelle's as they look through old yearbooks and my brother rocks out to Guitar Hero. I've got my mug of chocolate milk and I am ready to update.

I got another late start today...but what else is vacation for? After my pick-me-up mug of chocolate milk, I went donwstairs to see what everone else was up to. They were watching TV, and I did not have a problem sitting on my butt and doing nothing, so I joined them. We watched soem animal saving show...then a show called DC Cupcakes which just so happens to be near my brother and I back at home, so it was really cool to see that.

When T.R. showed up at 3 o'clock after work, we all started getting ready for a cookout at his aunt and uncles. We ledt the house at 4:15 and drove for half an hour, getting there in time for prayer and jumping in line. And today, for the first time ever, I ate turtle. Snapping turtle to be exact. And even more surprising, I liked it. It tasted like a cross between chicken and turkey.

See video below:

We left after tackling....well, I'll let you see that one for yourself too.

We got home around 8:30. Now, I'm still watching Josh play Guitar hero, and I am planning on going to bed way earlier than 2 o'clock. Tomorrow is the last day of our vacation, but I had a really good time, even if it was short. Church tomorrow, then headed home around 1:30.

But that isn't until tomorrow, so until then...I'm gonna rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment