24 July 2010

Roanoke Road Trip Last Day

Well, my brother's and my vacation is finally over, but we did have lots of fun.

We left the Feazelle's a little after 1 o'clock, and quickly realized that the trip home would be far from fun. I hit traffic almost 20 minutes onto I-81 that lasted for another 20 minutes. Josh and I both hoped that would be the last of the traffic, but an hour and a hald later, after we paused in Strausburg for an early dinner at Burger King and to fill up on gas, we hit another round of traffic. This time we inched forward 8 miles in 30 minutes.

Frustrated and growing more and more stiff, I had Josh look for an alternative route--which proved to be just as frustrating. But after another 2 hours of driving around Alexandria dn Baltimore, I made it to Waldorf in time to drop Josh off at music practice for church. Then, I finally made it home around 7:30 where I promptly fell asleep on the couch which is where Mom and Dad found me.

Now, I'm watchin TV with my mom and waiting for her to go to bed so I can play some vidoe games. All in all, I'm completely drained, but Josh's and my first road-trip vacation was a sucess! May the next one go just as well.

Here are some pictures from the cookout yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment